Site Reliability Engineer
Our client is a well known large player in the FinTech world and has partnered with IT Search to engage motivated and ambitious Site Reliability Engineers to join their Dublin team.
The role will suit candidates with specific Google Cloud Platform experience as they are moving from purely on prem and AWS cloud solutions to a new GCP platform, with responsibilities in building and maintaining scaled and distributed systems during and beyond this transformation process.
· Working across the entire SDLC with responsibility to identify areas of improvement through to deployment and beyond
· Liaise with all related teams in the lifecycle, from architecture to design with focus on scale
· Additional support related responsibilities relating to infrastructure, development and test
· Ongoing monitoring of availability and general performance
· Focus on automation to scale, system latency and be involved in responding to incidents
· 8+ years of commercial experience within the DevOps/SRE sector, FinTech knowledge not a pre-requisite but will be beneficial
· Strong preference for hands on GCP experience, ideally in tandem with AWS
· Monitoring and automation experience, a keen eye for what can be automated and the ability to work with senior management to document and maintain such automation (Puppet/Chef/Ansible)
· Pipeline creation using Jenkins from a standing start and IaC (CloudFormation/Terraform) comfort will be key
· Scripting (Bash, Python) and knowledge of JS libraries and the knowledge to know when to use which language
· General Sys Admin knowledge will be welcomed and Containers used are Kubernetes/Docker
· Experience developing and/or administering software in Public Cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP)
This role and company has a strong salary and benefits package, details can be discussed ahead of formal interview.