My client is a well established provider of specific technology services to large enterprises and has
partnered with IT Search to engage a Site Reliability Engineer to maintain and improve their internal systems, on prem cloud operations and manage high level support issues. There will be occasional on call aspects to this role.
There will also be external relationships with providers/customers as well as working across various
internal departments to manage processes and designs. This role will suit an experienced engineer with a mix of SRE, Networking (virtual as well as physical), expertise in Linux Admin, SQL Servers, VMWare, knowledge of CI/CD tools (Ansible, Terraform etc) with some hardware knowledge welcome.
- Act as lead SRE in all areas of server maintenance and high level issue resolution
- Manage response to outages and subsequent changes in design if required
- Drive ongoing system improvement projects with focus on SLA targets and client satisfaction
- Technical leadership; ensure ongoing training and mentoring for team members – working alongside an existing team of SREs, System Admins and developers in a Scrum Agile environment
- 5+ years experience within Sys Admin/Networking/Reliability
- Technical strength in Linux (Centos/Red Hat) and Windows systems, SQL Server, on Prem server
- management, Virtual Networking, including Security aspects (Firewalls, Routers etc.) and DevOps tool experience welcome
- Knowledge of network troubleshooting and infrastructure monitoring
- Deep understanding of physical servers plus underlying VMWare environments
- Exceptional communication skills, written and spoken
- Happy to work on a majority remote basis with occasional visits to the Dublin office and Datacentre
Please note, we can only accept applications from candidates eligible to work in Ireland.
If this sounds of interest please apply today or reach out to Rebecca Lavery at IT Search for more details