Senior & Lead Firmware Developers
**Contract & Permanent roles available**
**Ideal candidate will be able to commute to Sandyford, Dublin 2 days per week**
Our client who has a full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. We deliver leading mobile technology platforms and solutions.
As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do their best work. We combine the fun and excitement of a startup environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
What you’ll be doing…
You will be responsible for engineering and maintaining features and components across our backend systems and web / mobile application stack, in support of our award winning SAAS products. You’ll work as part of a cross-functional squad of software engineers, UX designers, QA engineers, and product owners, using agile methodologies to design and own applications that help our customers achieve good outcomes, and use feedback from these customers to extend and improve these applications.
Job description :
- Developing and implementing software for industry specific hardware
- Designing firmware solutions based on company or project needs
- Allocating the resources needed to complete programming projects
- Designing detailed firmware plans
- Ensuring that firmware is always functional and up-to-date
- Evaluating existing firmware performance
- Troubleshooting firmware
- Creating instructional technical manuscripts for firmware operations
- Incorporating client feedback into firmware revisions
- Managing budgetary constraints
- Performing code reviews
- Assisting in optimizing firmware
- Providing product support to customers
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C/C++ with work experience of 5+ years
- Expertise on key technologies like LTE, WiFi, BTLE, TCP/IP, GPS, USD, UART, CAB, I2C, SPI
- Experience in hands-on development on Embedded environment & Assembly Language.
- Excellent debugging skills
- Familiarity with embedded firmware design
- Understanding of Hardware components and design
- Familiarity with data structures and algorithms is a plus
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Strong documentation and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative product development environment
- Strong analytical skills
For more information, please apply for the role here with your updated CV and I will share more details with you!