Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Our client is an Irish connected medical device company dedicated to improving outcomes for people suffering from chronic diseases. Its first product is a novel implant for remote monitoring of people with heart failure.
This position will focus on development and delivery of a wearable patient monitoring device. Working with our internal firmware/software development team and external development partners, you will lead development and integration/communications with the implanted sensor and wider systems. You will be working in a cross functional R&D team – Bio-Mechanical, Electronics, Firmware/Software, Data, in addition to in-house Clinical, Commercial, Quality/Regulatory and Manufacturing teams. You will be working in a regulated R&D environment and will be required to produce software documentation, as per IEC 62304 & IEC 13485.
As with any start-up, you will be expected to take ownership for your area, but also you will be involved and provide input on all aspects of product development & business operations.
- Embedded Software / Firmware Development Lead
- Integration of embedded device into wider system – systems, data & domain acumen
- Tooling & test development (Python)
- Quality & software lifecycle documentations: development, verification & releases in accordance with software development procedure, per IEC 62304 & ISO 13485
- Embedded products roll out, operations, maintenance & support.
- Embedded architecture, design patterns & strategic decision making.
- Work cross-functionally to gather requirements & feedback
- 5+ yrs. Embedded Software / Firmware Development – Bare Metal, C/C++
- Low power, BLE, code quality, signal processing, strong MCU development background (STM32)
- ISO 13485 & IEC 62304, or similar regulated software environments
- Strong written communication & documentation
- OO Software development. i.e. tooling, test scripts, automation – Python or similar
- Understanding of electronics & instrumentation