Our client is a US based, leading provider of SaaS operational management systems, payments platforms, digital engagement tools and background screening solutions for non-profit, and for-profit organizations.
They have set up an R&D hub in the heart of Galway City which huge growth expected in 2023 (40+ jobs). These first set of hires will be crucial to the early development of the company in Galway, which in turn will offer phenomenal opportunity for career progression and enhancement.
Our client has more than 95,000 customers as a trusted partner in digital transformation and enablement – advancing missions, driving efficiencies, and building engaged communities for more than four decades.
What you’ll do:
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced senior developer to join our new R&D development center located in the heart of Galway City. As a senior developer you will be joining a brand new scrum team, focused on the build-out of the future-state unified platform. You will create measurable value and deliver software using industry-recognized agile methodologies and best practices.
The Senior Developer will be responsible for delivering highly performant, highly available software, adhering to the highest standards and guidelines as defined by the architecture and leadership teams.
- Analyse problems and implement solutions that trade off architectural constraints of functionality, usability, performance, reliability and scalability
- Work with the development manager and product owner to understand and implement functionality for new features using the scrum methodology
- Maintain balance of business and technical acumen in decision making
- Follow source-code management and work item tracking best practice
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the architecture, code base, and development practices.
- Contribute to the estimation process during planning exercises
- Ownership of features throughout the development lifecycle from concept through to production support
- Mentor and assist more junior team members via peer code review, design review, problem-solving and pair programming
Required Education and Experience
- 6+ years’ experience in software engineering
- Experience with the following LAMP technologies desired:
- Linux OS – CentOS
- Apache Web Server
- MySQL; Postgres; Relational Databases
- PHP required; Perl/Python a plus
- Web Services (SOAP, XML, JSON, REST)
- ElasticSearch / Apache Solr
- Cloud Experience (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Working knowledge of toolsets such as:
- IDE: PhpStorm, VS Code
- Build Tools: Azure Pipelines, Composer, Bamboo
- Source Control: Git or like
- Work Request Systems: Jira, Azure DevOps
- Laravel, Vapor, Mix
- SDLC Methodologies:
- Agile, SCRUM, use of architectural patterns/frameworks
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Lead technology assessments and author recommendations
- Experience with software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Strong delivery focus
- Capable of leading research into application development issues to successful completion
- Capable of prioritizing and execution of tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and regulations preferred (PCI, PII, PHI, HIPAA, GDPR, ADA, etc.)
- B.Sc. or higher in computer science/technology field preferred or equivalent industry experience
- Must have a growth mindset and subscribe to a continuous learning philosophy