An opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to join an award winning Research organisation on a strategic iniative. You as Project Manager will play an intrinsic role in the management of an evaluation and quality assurance project. As Project Manager you will manage the project end to end, joining the business at the initial phase of vendor selection and procurement, right through to the vendor delivery. You will be solely responsible for the successful delivery of the project however you will not carry out the vendor yourself, you will have an external team of evaluators to manage that. Your role will primarily focus around ensuring the external parties are delivering successfully while you manage internal/external stakeholders as well as business leaders.
This role is ideal for a candidate that understands the public procurement domain and has managed external vendors on similar evaluation projects. The Project Management position will see you report into the Head of Strategy and innovation, you will gain indispensable experience across other innovation and strategic projects which will keep you entertained and challenged in the position.
- Providing strategic procurement advice
- Managing procurement and tendering proposals
- Managing external vendors on the evaluation process/report
- Facilitate procurement processes and contract negotiations
- Communicate and liase with senior stakeholders and business leaders with appropriate updates
- Manage project scope and delivery with the approved vendor
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in similar position is desired
- Strong vendor, stakeholder and self-management is desired
- Project Management certification is required
- Familiarity with the public procurement domain is ideal but not essential
This is a FTC for 9months withing Grade E of the public sector domain
Salary 69,012 + benefits