You would be the third full time hire in tech here, although a successful product is already in place (the development was outsourced) and being used by over 200 companies now, mainly in Ireland and the UK so far. The new CTO has a very impressive background and played a key role in taking another Irish startup to acquisition last year. The plan is knock down and rebuild large sections of the platform, and plan to have a team of 10 in tech by year end.
This is a massive hire for them, you’ll be the expert, first Data Scientist in the company, and you’ll be hiring a Data Science team to report into you. It’s an AI product, a very new idea, and you’ll be working alongside the CTO and Product team, building ML models and establishing best practices.
There will a strong equity piece and nice incentives tied in with further funding rounds.
Title || Principal Data Scientist
Location || Remote (in Ireland) |Dublin
Salary || Circa €120K / €130K p/a + Equity, 5% Pension, Family Healthcare etc
- Likely 8+ years’ experience in Data Science.
- Expert knowledge of Machine Learning principles.
- Experienced working as a key member on business critical projects.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Startup experience would be ideal.
- A strong educational background would be nice to have.