Junior Data Analyst
This role as a Junior Data Analyst/Engineer is to join a cutting-edge biometrics technology company. This role can be fully remote from anywhere in Ireland although visits to the Dublin office would be beneficial to all, and complete training and guidance will be provided (along with hardware for remote working) plus a strong onboarding experience.
The company is a well-established market leader in the area of biometric authentication; their product and service has taken off over the past number of years within a market with high spend on software and specifically around security.
The role is to work on existing data usage and associated costs, utilising tools such as Excel/Pandas to establish usage rates and associated costs relating to my client’s Observability/Monitoring Service and make recommendations based on data where areas are underused/overused and related costs of same. This will allow more accurate allocation of spend on their technology services.
There will be significant opportunity to grow beyond this role within the organisation into areas such as DevOps/Data Analytics/Development, however this is a full time permanent position.
- Identify areas of reduction for log volumes sent to the Observability Platform from internal infrastructure/DevOps team from finding duplicates, patterns and similar areas of savings
- Giving attention to the internal logs and recommending areas of improvement for internal users
- Notice and address unusual usage patterns and modelling capacity and scaling issues
- 2 years of post graduate data experience, preferably post Masters in Data related areas
- Exceptional eye for detail and strong communication skills
- Track record of working with large volumes of data and identifying trends
- Any and all experience on Observability platforms will be beneficial (New Relic, Datadog, Amazon Cloudwatch etc.) plus strength in Pandas/Excel or similar
To learn more about the role, company and process, please forward your CV stating required salary and availability and we can arrange a conversation in confidence.
Please note, we can only accept applications from candidates eligible to work in the EU and this role will require the Data Science Lead to be resident in Ireland.