Purpose of the Role
An opportunity for an experience IT manager has arisen with a well-recognised Irish Brand. You as IT Manager will play a key role in IT strategy and operations. You will be recognised as a key member of the senior team as you drive innovative IT projects end to end. You will have full visibility and responsibility on driving the companies technological roadmap and ensuring that appropriate stakeholders are kept informed of new developments.
This role is ideal for an experienced IT professional looking to embrace an all encompassing role while having the full support of a technological team to deliver business expectations.
Role responsibilities listed below:
- Accountable for availability, up time, security, and confidentiality of corporate IT systems within the Group (Remote and Onsite)
- Management of IT budget for the business.
- Development and delivery of training materials for the maintenance of IT systems in the group
- Keeping current with emerging IT and web technologies
- Building and maintaining vendor relationships
- Working with other departments to ensure best practices are followed with regards to security and availability for systems owned by those departments.
- Manage Helpdesk tickets, planning and prioritising systematically to minimise backlog and ensure operational efficiency.
- Managing business system, software and hardware projects alongside the vendor
- Monitor performance of systems, ensuring issues are appropriately escalated and resolved.
- Provide technical assistance to project teams and undertake technical project roles when required; supporting the roll-out of new applications and solutions.
- Experience in a similar role is desired
- Technical degree is required
- This is a contract position and there is an opportunity for an immediate start.