IT Applications Engineer
My client, a household name in the utilities sector, is looking for an IT Applications Engineer to join their ever expanding team. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to further their career, while also being part of an exciting IT transformation. The Applications team operates across their four key operational sites and is responsible for developing and supporting their core EMS.
The suitable candidate will be joining a team responsible for the support, maintenance and development of all applications. As an IT Applications Engineer, you will support the development and implementation of a range of EMS applications to support in the delivery of innovative programmes.
- Support the development of a range of EMS application projects
- Assist in the development of tools, processes and procedures to enhance system reliability
- Analyse Business User requirements, protocols, procedures and problems
- Liaise with external business partners to build project solutions
Essential Skills / Experience:
- An engineering / IT degree or equivalent with proven applications analyst experience
- Experience working in a complex, challenging environment
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Expertise in GE EMS / DTS advanced applications
- Experience with C, C+, Perl and /or Python Scripting
- Experience of Oracle, PL/SQL and XML