Information Systems Manager
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Information Systems Manager to join a household name specialising in STEM research in Ireland. As Information Systems Manager, you will take on a key leadership role within the business to ensure strategic roadmap delivery and customer satisfaction. This Information Systems Manager role will see you report to the Chief Information Officer and own the ICT function, formulating strategic proposals for improvement of IT/ICT and leading a team to deliver those changes as well as maintaining the existing environment.
Your responsibilities will focus around how you can develop the internal workings of the organisation, act as a leader and influencer across the ICT domain and use the same as a catalyst to your success and progression in the business.
The organisation in question are well recognised across the research and development domain. They have been labelled as workplace of the year, and ‘best place to work’ several times. They foster a collaborative culture and encourage innovative and ‘out of the box’ thinking.
- Lead a team to maintain and develop systems across the business (70 internal users, 8000 researchers)
- Advise on new technology and ICT improvements for the organisation
- Play a leadership role in the development and delivery of strategic initiatives across the organisation.
- Ensure the ICT team are maintaining their customer focus and delivering successfully
- Manage internal and external communication with stakeholders and vendors
- Manage the implementation of strategies aligned to the organisational strategy, to increase efficiencies, maintain quality and ensure continuous improvements
- Management and prioritisation of projects in an Agile environment and creating and maintaining project plans, including detailed work breakdown structures, and quality, risk management, change management and communication plans.
- Third level qualification in appropriate discipline
- 3+ years in a similar role
- Demonstrable track record in managing complex projects from inception to completion using recognised methodologies, with experience of working in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge of cloud-based document management and collaboration platforms including Office 365 and SharePoint Online.
- Experience of data management throughout the data lifecycle, including data governance and data quality.
- Practical experience of the management of change, including development of policies, procedures, and work practices, and implementation of same.
- Salary 69,012 (Rising to €86,721 by long service increments after 3 years.
- Rising to €89,234 by long service increments after 6 years)
- Flexible working
- Remote working policy(Primary office location Dublin city centre)