Firmware Quality Engineer
As a member of the Electrical & Firmware Engineering Team, the Firmware Quality Engineer will be responsible for ensuring quality in the firmware design, development and testing for medical devices and medical instrumentation. Successful candidates will thrive on applying scientific problem-solving skills to embedded firmware development and work in an interactive and collaborative development environment where overcoming technical challenges is routine.
- Works closely with the project team to develop and implement software/firmware quality solutions to meet product requirements and written specifications.
- Performs development work independently with minimal supervision required.
- Architects structures and solutions within your assigned portion of a project.
- Ensures quality of work product by following industry standards such as MISRA and IEC.
- Generates documentation to support regulatory filings and internal reports and specifications.
- Participates in formal Firmware Verification and Validation activities including protocol generation and execution
- Follows design, quality, and safety guidelines based on GMP, FDA, and ISO guidelines and related Quality and Safety Standards and Practices.
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a closely related engineering degree from an accredited university is required. MS is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in software or firmware development for optoelectronic devices for consumer, industrial, or medical applications.
- Hands on experience troubleshooting firmware/hardware interfaces using logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and debuggers.
- FW Testing and Test Automation development and execution
- Prototype Integration Support
- FW Updates for Prototypes
- Team bug review meetings
- FW FCAT planning, co-ordination, testing, and reporting
- Planning and support for FW development and integration test equipment, including coordinating efforts with other teams
- Development experience with Embedded Linux for SoC a plus.
- Experience programming microcontrollers (ARM, ColdFire, TI, x86) required. Experience with IAR or uVision IDE is preferred.
- Experience with memory management, interrupt controller and bootloader strongly desired.
- Device driver development of Timer, ADC, RTC, DMA module highly preferred.
- Experience with common hardware interfaces such as SPI, I2C and UART. Low-level knowledge of USB protocols and device drivers a plus.
- Application development with image sensors or camera modules. Image processing algorithm development is a plus.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTPS, and data encryption strongly desired