Director of Marketing Analytics
Executive Search Mandate: Director of Marketing Analytics (Data Science) – Gaming
IT Search have been *exclusively engaged* in a thorough executive search process by our client – a global gaming & video games publisher to appoint a Director of Marketing Analytics for their EMEA HQ in Dublin, Ireland.
We have made a number of executive and leadership appointments in quarter 2 & 3 in 2020 for this global gaming group. Adrian Clarke, Associate Director & Head of Data Practice – is managing this search. Adrian holds 8+ years of executive recruitment experience across EMEA in digital, emerging & deep technologies.
This role will see the role holder manage a large team of analytics professionals with a heavy focus on marketing analytics (market mixed modelling, predictive modelling & campaign & channel optimisation).
NOTE: This role requires experience in the gaming sphere as complexity of channels for advertising & marketing in-game & across gaming channels increases.
This strategic appointment will see a seasoned Leader in the Data Science or numerical aspects of Marketing Analyticss. You will be eager to mine data for insights i.e. will need to be heavily engaged in data analytics & data science as well as deciphering and formulating theories around key gamer/player behaviors. Heavy engagement with marketing, digital & performance (social, paid & unpaid) channels will be a key feature.
Everything is data centric
- Drive & strategically data marketing analytics across locations to drive marketing efforts.
- Ensure source of truth for offline and online campaigns using data science
- Play a key role in interpreting data from gaming activities & reflect upon & adapt how content, messaging & aligning data impacts on CX & gaming experience- particularly GTM efforts across product / gaming titles in new regions.
- A/B testing commercialisation strategies across the gaming lifecycle
- Measurement – ensuring that performance metrics are embedded across omni-channel activities and setting up world class (highly interpretable campaign assessment structures)
- Working in partnership with visualisation teams to develop critical reporting & dashboard capabilities to centralise source of truth across omni channel activities
- Play the role of devil’s advocate – driving core optimisation strategies in real time to ensure all partners – internal & external – brand or co-branding side – achieve success (data at the core)
- Evangelise data science – drive models to connect various sources of data together – showcasing ROI & areas for improvement
- Utilising your knowledge of market mixed modelling to evaluate performance across customers (segmentation, clustering)
- Troubleshoot campaigns – and roll up your sleeves! Be a leader in action.
- Quant/Data education (you will need to show your breadth of knowledge at interview). Maths, Stats, Comp. Science or other highly data intensive backgrounds will be accepted. Postgrad or Ph.D. level qualifications are of particular interest.
- A minimum of 5-7 years applied experience in big data marketing analytics – in a high throughput and complex data environment (ideally global).
- Management experience (min. 5 people)
- Deep experience in paid & unpaid marketing channels (ideally digital)
- Data analytics experience in multichannel attribution and market mixed media models
- Predictive modelling techniques – Python or R etc.
- Exceptionally comfortable in AWS environments with evidence of Big Data Analytics
- Tableau exposure and working with visualisation
- Experience with digital advertising analytics, search analytics, web analytics.
- Strong Excel skills – advanced VBA etc.
- Superb communications skills
- A trusting & encouraging management style
- The right hire will think logically & creatively about how data moves & flows. You are naturally curious & are instinctively analytical.
- However – you are commercially minded & value both the quality of data flow as well as the validity of the insights you produce.
- You love the complexity of the global gaming industry & you’re out to make an impact in one of the world’s largest gaming organisations.
- You are down to earth –however you accomplish most while working with highly intelligent, capable people.
The bar is high -apply today to Adrian Clarke, Associate Director – IT Search who is confidentially managing this search in partnership with the EMEA Leadership Team & the Global Director of HR.
Absolute discretion is assured
Remuneration, package & all of the wonderful perks which this group provide will be disclosed on application.
data science, marketing analytics, adtech, gaming
Bonus, Pension, Share Scheme, Dental, Various other perks