Database Manager position available with a well-known Irish business based in Dublin City Centre. This is opportunity to shape the development, maintenance and expansion of the database estate and associated technologies.
This is primarily a management role (approx. 80% management and 20% hands on tech), and a hybrid working model with 2 days a week onsite.
*Our Client cannot arrange visa sponsorship now or in the future *
- Lead, manage and grow the existing Database team (currently 8 people) responsible for the building, maintenance and support of the database estate (Oracle, SQL, Exadata, OCI etc)
- Oversee installation, configuration while implementing and maintaining advanced high availability, security and performance tuning
- Where feasible build in automation for daily and repeatable tasks.
- Oversee high availability and disaster recovery testing, OS and database patching, database upgrades, database migrations and audits
- Provide documentation for all new database builds, , improvements, and SOPs
- 5+ years technical experience in DBA related areas
- Solid technical understanding of Oracle, SQL Server, Azure SQL Database, and automation
- Good knowledge of CI/CD structures for deployments of database code
- Knowledge of security and auditing in relation to data storage and management
- Understanding of Oracle Cloud and Azure Cloud infrastructure
- Starting salary: negotiable
- Health Insurance
- 14% Pension
- 10% Bonus