Experience: 3-5 Years
Sector: Data Scientist
For our client, an Irish company we are looking for a Data Scientist (climate change impacts modelling)
This is a Fixed term contact role for 2 years , hybrid structure in Limerick
- Support the Planning team in the delivery of evidence-based research and support the development of robust reporting tools for carbon assessments.
- Utilise a wide range of geospatial datasets including climate modelling data to analyse future climate trends.
- Develop workflows that can leverage on disparate datasets to combine geospatial data, growth and yield information and modelling tools to quantify forest carbon.
- Build strong relationships with key agencies
- Relevant qualification in statistical analysis, data science and analysis,
- Experience with carbon modelling and data formats such as netCDF, and geospatial datasets and/or spatial modelling
- Good knowledge of Python and R
- Experienced in data analysis, reporting, and numerical programming and scripting
- Strong report writing skills