Data Engineer – eCommerce
IT Search has partnered with a world class ecommerce fashion start-up (a new proposition for a major player) to grow their digital and data teams in Berlin. This is a seriously exciting environment – where you’ll be immersed in best in class ecommerce technologies at scale.
Permanent | Office in Berlin – though working from home / remote onboarding for Covid period.
As the core Data Engineer- you’ll work across the needs of key business activities and how to translate these into data flows; centralising data from a broad variety of sources – into the Data
Lake (built on MSAzure) & permitting advanced business analytics on top!
The Engineering team are incredibly invested in driving improvements as well as simplifying complexity – no ego, just great solutions with the best technology.
You’ll work on a growing team reporting into the CTO (flat structure) and work cross functionally gathering data needs that lead to the dev. & imagination of a highly scalable distributed data
This role is in a corporate start-up environment.
- Developing a deep knowledge of ecommerce / online retail and compiling this into a data ecosystem that works!
- Given that content is central to this ecommerce platform – you’ll need to understand digital technologies/ platforms and channels and how end users engage with them; again compiling this into a function in data system that works
- Design of data solutions – with best in class cloud enabled tech (nothing classic or old school here)
- Use your knowledge of event processing, Graph QL & REST-APIs
- Design of mobile event & web tags to drive pipelines & enable reporting in MSPowerBI
- Driving data pipelines – end to end
- Implementation of key data solutions largely with internal – but also with the support of external sources as required
- Ongoing engagement with product mgmt. team & stakeholders to keep focus on needs as well as keeping an eye on the long term goals of being able to recommend products to consumers in a very intelligent ecommerce engine with data analytics at the core!
- You’re really a team person – NO EGO, who’ll work with a super focused CTO – who’s got a great commercial mind and strong emotional intelligence.
The right person is action orientated, very strong at reading between the lines – from speaking with various stakeholders and has an interest + ideally experience of ecommerce environments.
This is a MAJOR big name brand – and you’ll make a mark on project that will have global exposure (and market share) very very soon!
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- 7 + years data eng ideally in a fashion or ecommerce domain
- Cloud Solutions (Azure, or GCP)
- Python – advanced
- DevOps + automation (Jenkins, KubNetes, Docker)
- MASSIVE appreciation for data analytics & the power of machine learning. Ideally you have exposure to big data ecosystems (streaming)
- Good level of English – everyone speaks English to a proficient level
- Azure DL & DF
- ETL pipelines
- Spark & Databricks
- Google Analytics
Adrian Clarke is Associate Director at IT Search and manages our analytics practice. He is focused on data & emerging tech at IT Search. Your application will be handled in the strictest confidence & we will be happy to advise you on your career & direction in data analytics, data science, data technology, or digital analytics.
IT Search is one of Ireland’s leading niche technology senior talent partners – working with world-class brands in Europe & further afield.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer
firstname.lastname@example.org | +353(0)871146347 – 24/7